Monday, September 15, 2014

Creative Bloggers Hop

Good Afternoon everyone, hope you all had a productive weekend with your crafts. 
I was asked by Donna Mosley to participate in the CREATIVE BLOGGERS HOP which is a continuous blog hop that takes place every Monday. Last Monday Donna answered a few questions about her craftiness and now this Monday it is my turn. 

QUESTION #1:
What am I working on at the moment?

ANSWER:
Right now I am working on a card that I am making for my Dad's birthday. His birthday is coming up on October 4th so it will be here before I know it. I also need to get busy making a card for my Facebook design team post for Wednesday. 

QUESTION #2:
How does my work differ from others in my genre?

ANSWER:
My cards are pretty clean and simple for the most part. I see so many wonderful cards out there that have a ton of detail and while I would love to make cards like that, it just doesn't seem to be my style at least not yet. I think once I learn to make cards that way I might change and love doing it. I don't think we should ever feel stuck doing or creating things a certain way. Im all about learning new techniques when I can find the time. 

QUESTION #3:
Why do I create what I do?

ANSWER:
I had gotten the bug for scrapbooking a long time ago and then I was introduced to Copic makers and making cards and I fell in love with them!!! I pretty much gave up scrapbooking and now just focus my creativity on making cards. I love giving them to people and have fun in the process.

QUESTION#4:
How does your creative process work?

ANSWER:
First I think of the occasion I need the card for such as birthday, anniversary, thank you card, etc. then I  get inspiration by looking at cards that others have made or I go to my Pinterest account and look up card sketches and color combos and also try to find the perfect stamp that I think will work. Then I color up the image and finally put it all together on a card. Sometimes I pick the the papers I want to use in the beginning and sometimes I do it after I have already colored the image. I just do what I am in the mood for ;0)

And thats a wrap! Now I am suppose to nominate someone to answer these same questions for next week, I decided to nominate the ever so talented Becky Pearce. She really goes all out on her cards and I aspire to be just as good as her someday!!!


Thanks for reading and have an awesome day!!!
Hugs, 
Becky C

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebecca, I really enjoyed reading about how you create hun. I started off scrapbooking too.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete